Leven Wharf will achieve Level 3 or 4 Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH). Homeowners can enjoy financial and environmental benefits of achieving high code for Sustainable Home. The Code measures the sustainability of a home against nine design categories, rating the ‘whole home’ as a complete package.
Design categories are: Energy and CO2 Emissions, Water, Materials, Water Run-off, Waste, Pollution, Health and Well-being, Management and Ecology.
Leven Wharf homes are built with energy and water-efficiency in mind
They feature a high quality, highly insulated building shell with low air-permeability. Other efficiencies include:
- low energy lighting installed throughout every unit
- hot water and heating from a combined heat and power (CHP plant)
- low water use sanitary ware with dual-flush WCs
- ‘Nest’ wifi controlled thermostats allow the central heating to be controlled by a smartphone app from anywhere in the world – providing convenience, economy and sustainability.
- High u value
- Use of revolutionary building materials
- The most sustainable environments are those that have surfaces that don’t demand constant maintenance. NanoShell’s approach to creating a sustainable future environment is ground breaking.
- Performs far longer than traditional toxic coatings.
- State of the art German technology
- NanoShell’s glass coatings provide a long lasting durable layer of protection.
- Exterior surface will no longer need regular cleaning as the invisible coatings will self-clean with rainwater, meaning that debris will not stick on the surface
- Reduce your commute and create a home office with space provided for plug sockets and telephone point close to a desk